Farreach Initiative for Development Communication in Africa Inc. (FIDECO) is a legally registered non-governmental organisation in Nigeria.
FIDECO is incorporated by Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission, Abuja. It is established with the vision to lead a paradigm shift in development communication in Africa through the implementation of innovative inclusive solutions that improve social and human communication in Africa.
FIDECO’s mission is to engage the media and communication platforms to facilitate, drive and sustain development initiative in communities in Africa. Our core activities are media advocacy & campaign, strategic communication intervention programmes, multimedia production that will aid development initiative and training of communication and development personnel of community-based organisations and other NGOs in Nigeria.
FIDECO’s major objectives include:
- To assist in the dissemination of information and development trends in communities in Nigeria.
- To assist in facilitating participation and generating knowledge for sustainable development.
- To assist in the production of multimedia products that will aid development in communities in Nigeria.
- To initiate, design and implement strategic communication intervention programmes.
To assist in conducting training for communication and development personnel of community-based organisations, civil societies, government agencies and non-governmental organisations.
To achieve these objectives, we focus on six major areas namely:
- Agriculture and Rural Development
- Public Health
- Good Governance and Democratisation
- Youth and Women Empowerment
Meet Our Team
Team Farreach Initiative